Tuesday, February 10, 2009

T.I.'s Show Airing Tonight...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After performing at this year's Grammy's, T.I. is ready for more television appearances. The rapper/actor is readying a reality program premier on MTV for his new show, "Road to Redemption." Recently, he spoke on his show and more regarding his impact on youth.
The show will take on young people with turmoil in their lives. Some have had trouble in their past. Others may have had limited resources and others have tough decisions to make. T.I. will surprise the kids and take a "scared straight" approach to creating change in their lives.
"They know I'm not speaking just from hearsay; I speak from experience," he told the Los Angeles Times. "I've been through what they're going through, I've done all the things they're doing. And if they see I can make it to where I am, there surely is a possibility for them to make it to where they want to be."
The idea of helping "at risk" youth was not exactly the idea MTV came to T.I. with at first. Instead, producers approached the emcee about a different concept for a show, but he was not in favor of it.
The original idea, according to Tip, was "putting cameras in [T.I.'s] house and watching him while he can't leave. I wasn't with that. I didn't think that was significant enough."

With his name in bright lights and with his musical influence on young people everywhere, he hopes he can impact these kids' lives in a positive manner.
"If I can't get through to them, nobody can."
As he hopes to create a positive change in others' lives, he may still face change in his own. The official sentencing for a variety of charges he faces is next month.
The new program premiers Tuesday night on MTV.

No comments: